Recipes Cooking Filet Mignon - Cooking Language
Recipes Cooking Filet Mignon
- A small tender piece of beef from the end of the tenderloin
- small steak cut from the thick end of a beef tenderloin
- Filets of beef tenderloin usually with no fat
- Tenderloins cut 1" - 1?" thick, wrapped with bacon, and seasoned with olive oil and our special Canadian Seasoning. We normally skewer two filets together for grilling.
- (recipe) directions for making something
- (The Recipe) The Recipe is the third studio album by American rapper Mack 10, released October 6, 1998 on Priority and Hoo-Bangin' Records. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and at number 15 on the Billboard 200.. All Media Guide, LLC. Retrieved on 2010-01-01.
- A set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required
- A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- Something which is likely to lead to a particular outcome
- A medical prescription
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
Filet Mignon Au Poivre
My minds been on Chicago lately. I miss it. The Cubs are in the play offs and I keep thinking about that Filet Mignon.
I'm glad I photographed it before I cut into it. I can taste it all over again.
Au Poivre is a french word meaning pepper steak. This delicious steak is coated on one side in loosely cracked peppercorns and then cooked. The peppercorns form a crust on one side of the steak when cooked and provide a pungent but complimentary counterpoint to the rich flavor of the high-quality beef. The peppercorn crust itself is made by basting the steak in softened butter and then placing it into a bed of cracked black (or mixed) peppercorns. Once a thick coating has stuck to the steak, it is refrigerated for a short time to harden the butter once again. Commonly, the steak is seared in a hot skillet with a small amount of clarified butter to cook it. The steak is seared at a high temperature to cook the outside quickly and form the crust while leaving the interior rare to medium rare. The steak is then left to rest for several minutes and then served.
Steak au poivre is often accompanied by a pan sauce or other sauce. Common pan sauces to steak au poivre include cognac, brandy, red wine, sherry, or meat stock reduction based sauces (or a combination thereof).
That's the definition of Au Poivre per Wikpedia. But if someone handed me the recipe, I don't think I could ever duplicate this meal. I'll just have to go back to Chicago's Smith & Wollensky's for another one of those !!!
Pigpen made a super yummy dinner for Mr. Moc and me using a recipe from my Jamie Oliver cookbook. Grilled filet mignon with creamy leeks and butter beans. It was delicious!
cooking classes ri
cooking broccoli in microwave
french cooking equipment
cooking games for little kids
cooking utensils spatula
cooking made simple loughborough
minnie mouse cooking game
mean cooking mama
| HOME |
Author:american cooking ingredients
Welcome to FC2!
- AMERICAN COOKING INGREDIENTS - AMERICAN COOKING (11/07)
- CALPHALON COOKING SCHOOL CHICAGO. CALPHALON COOKING (11/07)
- CLIP ART OF COOKING. CLIP ART (11/07)
- COOKING EGGS OVER EASY - OVER EASY (11/07)
- COOKING EXPERIENCE : COOKING (11/07)
- COOKING MAMA ISO : COOKING MAMA (11/07)
- COOKING ON A BARBECUE - A BARBECUE (11/07)
- COOKING PARSNIPS IN THE OVEN - IN THE OVEN (11/07)
- COOKING SCHOOL GAMES. COOKING SCHOOL (11/07)
- COOKING SCHOOL MD. SCHOOL MD (11/07)
- COUPLE COOKING CLASS. COOKING CLASS (11/07)
- CRUSADER COOKING SYSTEM. COOKING SYSTEM (11/07)
- FOOD NETWORK COOKING CONTEST - COOKING CONTEST (11/07)
- MEDITERRANEAN VEGETARIAN COOKING : MEDITERRANEAN VEGETARIAN (11/07)
- NEETA MEHTA COOKING CLASSES - COOKING CLASSES (11/07)
- PAULA DEAN COOKING SHOW. COOKING SHOW (11/07)
- QUICK COOKING. QUICK (11/07)
- RECIPES COOKING FILET MIGNON - FILET MIGNON (11/07)
- WORDS RELATED TO COOKING : TO COOKING (11/07)